The Marketing Cloud - Senior Sales Executive/Account Director is responsible for achieving maximum sales profitability, growth, and account penetration within the Salesforce Marketing Cloud product portfolio across the UK focussed on retail, financial services and other vertical segments. by effectively selling the company’s products and/or related services specific to the sale of our Salesforce related services. Experience selling email and social solutions, the customer journey, and advertising studio for upper commercial to enterprise clients is critical. The Marketing Cloud - Senior Sales Executive/Account Director should promote, sell and secure orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach. This is a new role which in the first 6-12 months will be heavily focussed on developing new business before balancing out to a combined role of new business development and existing account development over time.
makepositive is a multi-award-winning Platinum Salesforce consulting partner with more than 1000 successful project deliveries to date. With more than 150 Salesforce experts in our team, we have a wealth of experience across the entire Salesforce platform.
The primary function of the +Sales Community at makepositive is too attract customers and persuade them to purchase or invest in makepositive’s services and products and then continue to retain their customer for the long-term. Key to the +Sales community are individuals who are not only able to network and develop strong relationships with potential and existing clients, but who also have a solid understanding of and passion for makepositive, it’s Vision, Mission and Values to able to sell this to its clients.
- You will attract new customers for makepositive product and services in Salesforce Consumer and/or Business Services, and continue to retain their custom for the long term through a relationship-based approach.
- You will maximise sales profitability, growth, and account penetration; research markets, analyse trends, identify and nurture appropriate business development channels.
- Own the lifecycle of an opportunity from lead through to closure.
- Plan and organise your personal sales strategy and budget ensuring that this supports the overall sales strategy and budget as managed by the Head of Sales and ensure the maximum return on 'time investment' for your territory.
- Participate in trade shows and conventions pertinent to the growth of the Salesforce Services business.
- Make telephone calls, in-person visits, and presentations, developing clear and effective written proposals and quotations for current and prospective clients.
- Collaborate internally with finance, services, and work with pre-sales to deliver presentations, ensuring proposed solutions meet customer needs.
- Create and manage a customer value plan for existing customers highlighting profile, share and value opportunities.
- Expedite the resolution of customer issues during the sales process.
- Maintain an up to date record and status of all leads and opportunities, and management reports as required.
- Keep abreast of Salesforce.com and other appropriate technology advancements.
Role Specific Skills:
- A track record in Salesforce-related sales (annual sales of £1m+).
- Experience and ability to work at various levels with clients to C-level.
- Ability to hit the ground running with an established network of contacts both within the Salesforce.com community as well as new customers.
- A self-motivated, team-player, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Good planning and organisational skill, and the ability to remain calm under pressure, while thinking and acting creatively.
- Ability to remain strategic while maintaining your focus on results and execution.
- Relevant vertical industry experience, and understanding of Salesforce.com Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, CPQ, Marketing Cloud, and Pardot.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision within the context of a global team
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- A relevant degree (First or Upper Second) or equivalent.
- A continuous-improvement attitude; ability to seek out and implement internal or external best practices.
- Keeping up to date with the latest plans, developments and changes in the salesforce.com platform. This includes, but is not limited to ensuring you remain certified.
- Willing to travel to client sites as required.
- Be able to rides the waves of a dynamic, changing environment.
- Work in a manner that champions the organisational values of Trust, Generosity, Transparency, Professionalism, and Happiness.