BUSINESS COMMUNITY ENVIRONMENT:
The +Services Community deals with everything that concerns project delivery in the company.
The primary purpose of the +Services Community is the consulting practice of Makepositive and is primarily responsible for delivery of “best of breed” solutions to our clients. The +Services Community is responsible for ALL aspects of solution delivery including: business strategy, change management, project / iteration planning, documentation of business and technical requirements, development, testing, deployment, training and support. We promote and actively develop our teams’ abilities to deliver across all aspects of a project. Our administrators get our client salesforce.com orgs humming, our implementation team create and deliver the right solutions, and our developers build the new applications that make our client businesses grow.
The role of Project Manager is to ensure that the client's requirements are met, the project is completed on time and within budget and that everyone else is doing their job properly. Essentially they act as the escalation point between the project delivery team and the client’s business stakeholders. Through developing these relationships the Project Manager is able to illicit, communicate and ultimately manage or mitigate in an effective manner: Progress against plan/budget; Issues and risks to delivery, stakeholder expectations; Changes to design or scope. The project manager plays a crucial role in enabling the Services community to achieve its goal of delivering quality solutions on time and to budget.
- Working with clients very early on in the engagement to agree the requirements and the critical success factors of the project.
- Define the baseline project plan (including Sprint Planning and Team Planning) and ensure that this is updated and communicated as the project progresses.
- Ensure that there is a real time view on project progress by ensuring that:
- Delivery is recorded in the defined system e.g. Agileforce
- All team members have access to the system
- All team members are trained in how to use the system and what they are responsible for updating therein
- Identify, document, assess (in collaboration with appropriate parties), communicate and effectively manage/mitigate all project issues and risks
- Provide timely project reporting and facilitate timely ‘Show and Tells’ for the Makepositive Project Governance Board as well as the Client Stakeholders and/or the Client Project Board including status, issues and risks.
- Have a deep understanding of the project scope and manage both stakeholder expectations and any required/agreed deliverables beyond this, in an effective manner i.e. through a change control process
- Manage the change control process ensuring that changes to existing requirements or requests for additional requirements beyond the original scope are identified, documented, impact assessed, estimated and communicated appropriately.
- Manage project resourcing and associated project costs being mindful of anticipated project margins and the +Services community goal to always produce quality deliverable to time and budget.
- Assume the role of the Scrum Master with the project delivery team and always comply with Makepositive’s standard Ways of Working for a Project Manager
- Actively participate in the annual review process by:
- Collaborating with your line manager in setting personal objectives that strive to achieve organisational goals, progress career aspirations and address development points
- Collecting evidence throughout the year to support achievement of both your organisational role and personal objectives
- Objectively appraising your own performance throughout the review year through a process of self-evaluation
- Objectively appraising the performance of your project team members throughout the review year through a process of 360 feedback
- At all times work in a manner that champions the Organisational Values and identify opportunities to add value to a project or the business as a whole whenever possible
- Lead by example by adhering to company financial policies regarding time and expense submission and (but not limited to), punctuality, dress code, time and expense submissions, and notification of whereabouts, annual leave and absence
- Have fun
- Degree educated in a relevant business or technical discipline
- Proven track record of successfully managing projects in excess of £250,000
- A profile that shows a deep knowledge and understanding of CRM
- Demonstrated experience of stakeholder management including reporting to board level
- Proven track record in effective risk and Issue management and reporting
- Demonstrated ability to manage project scope and change using recognised methods
- Proven ability in managing 3rd parties, multiple teams and remote resources
- Experience of appraising, motivating and developing team members
- A proven track record of managing projects to time and budget that also achieve high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Must be willing and able to work in a team environment;
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Strong leadership skills and experience
- Rounded project experience having worked all stages of the system delivery lifecycle
- Good understanding of Salesforce.com, Salesforce Sales Cloud and Salesforce Service Cloud &/or attainment of associated Salesforce certifications
- Experience of delivering, or working as a Project Manager in an agile delivery environment
- Experience of working as a Scrum Master
- Experience working in a pre-sales capacity to support the +Sales Community in successfully converting an Opportunity to a Project;