The role of Project Manager is to ensure that the client's requirements are met, the project is completed on time and within budget and that everyone else is doing their job properly. Essentially they act as the escalation point between the project delivery team and the client’s business stakeholders. Through developing these relationships the Project Manager is able to illicit, communicate and ultimately manage or mitigate in an effective manner: Progress against plan/budget; Issues and risks to delivery, stakeholder expectations; Changes to design or scope. The project Manager plays a crucial role in enabling the Services community to achieve its goal of delivering quality solutions on time and to budget.
- Working with clients very early on in the engagement to agree the requirements and the critical success
- factors of the project.
- Define the baseline project plan (including Sprint Planning and Team Planning) and ensure that this is updated and communicated as the project progresses.
- Ensure that there is a real time view on project progress by ensuring that:
- Delivery is recorded in the defined system e.g. Agileforce
- All team members have access to the system
- All team members are trained in how to use the system and what they are responsible for updating therein
- Identify, document, assess (in collaboration with appropriate parties), communicate and effectively manage/mitigate all project issues and risks
- Provide timely project reporting and facilitate timely ‘Show and Tells’ for the Make Positive Project Governance Board as well as the Client Stakeholders and/or the Client Project Board including status, issues and risks.
- Have a deep understanding of the project scope and manage both stakeholder expectations and any required/agreed deliverables beyond this, in an effective manner i.e. through a change control process
- Manage the change control process ensuring that changes to existing requirements or requests for additional requirements beyond the original scope are identified, documented, impact assessed, estimated and communicated appropriately.
- Manage project resourcing and associated project costs being mindful of anticipated project margins and the +Services community goal to always produce quality deliverable to time and budget.
- Assume the role of the Scrum Master with the project delivery team and always comply with MakePositive’s standard Ways of Working for a Project Manager.