makepositive offers an excellent opportunity for experienced Salesforce professionals to develop new skills in a dynamic consultancy based in Gurgaon and headquartered in London, UK. We’re looking for people with excellent communication skills who are ready to step up and build a partnership with clients directly, establishing themselves as a trusted advisor and taking ownership for client Production orgs and their integrity, development roadmaps and Salesforce success.
The Managed Service department provides retained professional services to an increasing number of clients, including some names you’ll have heard of. We are growing fast, but we’re keen to grow in the right way, with the right people. You should expect to use your skills in configuration and code, following Salesforce best practices and our Technical Ways of Working, but also you should be committed to helping your clients receive as much return on their Salesforce investment as they can, leveraging Salesforce Premier and Admin Services where possible/appropriate. You’ll be part of a close-knit team of skilled professionals, and will be expected to work as part of this team and autonomously, managing your time and workload as appropriate and requesting support when you need it.
As a senior member of the team, you’ll be expected to mentor and support others, as well as being a point of escalation for technical queries and client escalations. You’ll be commercially aware, proactive, believe in acting with integrity and enjoy problem solving. You’ll have experience of working with different people in different ways and be able to apply lessons learned in previous environments to help clients and colleagues.
We offer a competitive salary, shift allowance, training budget and a brilliant working environment. Our office is a happy place, and we’re all really close. Your line manager will work with you to define a path of progression for you and your career, and work with you to help you to get to where you want to go.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Understanding business requirements and translating these into technical solutions on the Force.com platform
- Designing and creating the underlying data structure and data flows to support the application build including: custom objects, fields, workflow rules, approval processes, security settings – roles, profiles, sharing and user management, reports and dashboards
- Building web and mobile interfaces on the Force.com platform using Visualforce, Apex and other available tools
- Provide on-going technical support of existing Salesforce.com Developments, both reactively and proactively
- Liaising directly with internal and external business users and providing technical support on the salesforce.com-built applications through the life-cycle of the project
- Having a good level of technical experience and interpersonal skills to be able to work effectively with commercial staff, technical strategy and architecture staff, and third party developers as well as makepositive peers
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest plans, developments and changes in the salesforce.com platform. This includes, but is not limited to ensuring you remain certified
- Always complying with makepositive’s standard ‘Ways of Working’ for a Technical Consultant (Managed Services) resource and adhering to makepositive’s Technical ‘Ways of Working’ at all times
- Engage in daily communication with stakeholders (primarily on the phone). Investigating, analysing, impact assessing, and resolving assigned cases including but not limited to defects and Change Requests (CRs).
- Triage (i.e. calling the client and other relevant stakeholders to discuss and resolve issues without causing any delays) issues with makepositive peers, Customers and Third Parties Undertaking rigorous testing of all work and follow company procedures for configuration management and release management of development code (including the production of operational handbooks and release notes where appropriate)
- Updating cases and documenting the fixes for every case resolved or pending resolution in a timely manner
- Engaging in knowledge transfer activities with Customers and Project Delivery resources alike including but not limited to production of requisite documentation (e.g. Service Manuals, Process Maps, etc.)
- Participating in, and delivering customer service training including but not limited to: End-user training, and on-boarding new team members
- Support the Managed Services Lead in terms of any gathering and presenting any financial or operational knowledge/data required to be disseminated to the Services Director and/or leadership team.
- Identify any issues or risks relevant to your role or cases that you are working on and communicate these to the Managed Services Lead and other relevant parties at the earliest opportunity with suggested solutions or mitigating actions.
- Communicate and collaborate with the other members of both your team and also the wider Services community wherever possible to ensure that Managed Services works as a unified team
- At all times working in a manner that champions the organizational values and identifying opportunities to add value to solution delivery whenever possible.
- Build and maintain a relationship of trust with your nominated clients
- Input into and maintain documentation surrounding your clients, including declarative and programmatic documentation as well business processes and org health
- Take ownership of tasks/cases from requirement to solution:
- Analyze and review business, functional, and technical requirements
- Propose workarounds and solutions, understanding their impacts, risks, complexity and effort
- Document and develop code according to specifications and standards
- Prepare test data and plan and conduct basic unit or module testing
- Provide support for quality assurance testing and defect resolution
- Prepare and package production ready code modules for deployments
- Provide technical expertise in supporting the development environment, problem determination, change management, release management and deployments
- Liaise with Salesforce Premier Success to ensure support tickets are resolved in a timely manner, limiting the impact to your client’s functionality
- Support in the operation and maintenance of large and complex applications
- Plan and run client onboarding process, understanding their business, strategic goals and pain points as well as their Salesforce org
- Participate in project team meetings and communicate effectively with peers, architects, system analysts, business analysts, project managers, quality control, and across other technology team boundaries, reporting status as required
- Build strong skill sets and add value as a technical expert for various applications
- Availability to be on call to provide specialist/expert support or guidance on a need-to basis
- You may be required to work shifts that align with working hours (09:00 to 18:00) in the United Kingdom (UK) which commences at 13:30 and ends at 22:30 IST (13:30 to 21:30 IST during UK British Summer Time)
- Mentor and coach junior colleagues, share your knowledge across the team and the rest of the business and be an active member of the Salesforce success community
The ideal candidate will be friendly and resourceful, and will have the following proven skills:
- Exceptional Salesforce Technical skills across all clouds, both Classic and Lightning
- Operational Salesforce Management experience
- An interest in emerging technologies and trends
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent at managing your time effectively
- Ability to manage your own stress
- Experience of leading a team where mentoring skills have been used or a strong interest in coaching and mentoring
- An understanding of IT Service Management
- Experience with Continuous Integration
- Experience of Agile Project Delivery
- Experience in building and maintaining excellent relationships with clients/stakeholders, administrator to C-level or the desire to gain such experience
- Experience in creating detailed technical design documents
- Experience in creating process flow diagrams
- Salesforce Certified Advanced Administrator
- Salesforce Certified Cloud Consultant in one or more of: Sales, Service, Community, CPQ, FSL
- ITIL foundation or above