BUSINESS COMMUNITY ENVIRONMENT:
The +Services Community deals with everything that concerns project delivery in the company.
The primary purpose of the +Services Community is the consulting practice of makepositive and is primarily responsible for delivery of “best of breed” solutions to our clients. The +Services Community is responsible for ALL aspects of solution delivery including: business strategy, change management, project / iteration planning, documentation of business and technical requirements, development, testing, deployment, training and support. We promote and actively develop our teams’ abilities to deliver across all aspects of a project. Our administrators get our client salesforce.com orgs humming, our implementation team create and deliver the right solutions, and our developers build the new applications that make our client businesses grow.
Our Architecture Practice is made up of both Solution and Technical Architects. The practice is a shared services team providing project resources for technical leadership and design whilst also participating in pre-sales engagements with new and existing clients.
The role of a Solution Architect is to work alongside your peers as a technical resource to assure the technical delivery of any project you may work on. The Solution Architect is responsible for technical plans, technical user story estimation, high level and detailed designs, assisting with development and test classes using a best practice agile methodology.
A Solution Architect can expect to work on several projects at once and needs to be comfortable managing their own workload and setting their availability for non-commercial activities.
Our Architects are thought leaders and skills champions in makepositive who also undertake R&D, prototyping and are expected to actively participate in the Salesforce.com community.
In addition, the Solution Architect supports the Lead Architect and liaises closely with other managers both internal and external.
- Understanding business requirements and translating these into technical solutions based on the chosen platform. For example, data residency, APEX or Process Builder, and integration patterns.
- Work along side the Business Consulting Practice to define and elicit requirements from clients/prospects to ensure we desire and deliver to most appropriate solution
- Designing and, when needed, creating the underlying data structure and data flows to support the application build including: custom objects/fields; workflow; approval processes; apex triggers; visualforce pages; other Force.com features
- Designing web & mobile interfaces on the Force.com platform using Lightning, Visualforce, Apex and other available tools and frameworks
- Providing appropriate development specifications and supporting our Technical Consultants and fellow Architects in delivering solutions
- Liaising directly with internal and external business users and providing 2nd/3rd line support on the salesforce.com built applications through the life-cycle of the project
- Maintain certifications and keep up to date with Salesforce.com releases and new features to leverage the latest technology while understanding their current strengths and weaknesses
- Understand our core service and solution propositions and be able to identify the most appropriate proposition(s) to suit a customer’s requirements
- Identify potential new accelerators and revisions to our existing products and accelerators to contribute to our technical asset library
- Provide Pre-Sales support for one or more vertical markets to undertake project discovery, capture requirements, identify risks, document assumptions, deliver architecture designs, estimate effort and author a scope of work for proposals
- Collaborate with your technical and Project Management peers to review Sales Proposals from the pre-sales community to validate the accuracy, scope and effort
- Provide Technical Governance when requested to review project estimates, project scope, planning and participate in Project Technical Governance to enforce our Technical Ways of Working
- This role requires a level of technical experience and interpersonal skills to be able to work effectively with commercial staff, technical strategy and architecture staff, and third party developers as well as makepositive peers
- Always comply with makepositive’s standard Ways of Working for a technical resource
- At all times work in a manner that champions the organisational values and identify opportunities to add value to solution delivery whenever possible
- Actively participate in the annual review process by:
- Collaborating with your line manager in setting personal objectives that strive to achieve organisational goals, progress career aspirations and address development points
- Collecting evidence throughout the year to support achievement of both your organisational role and personal objectives
- Objectively appraising your own performance at the end of the review year through a process of self-evaluation
- Lead by example by adhering to company financial policies regarding time and expense submission and (but not limited to), punctuality, dress code, time and expense submissions, and notification of whereabouts, annual leave and absence
- Have fun
- Degree educated
- Experience in Agile Delivery Methodology in addition to standard software development lifecycle
- Strong presentation and documentation skills, ability to produce customer facing deliverables
- Good stakeholder management experience up to C level
- Experience delivering Portals/Communities on the Force.com platform and other cloud based solutions
- Wide experience of UML including appropriate use for Agile project delivery
- Experience working with the following types of enterprise applications: CRM, CMS, ERP, CPQ, Portals, SSO, e-Commerce, ESB/SOA
- Hands on expertise to develop applications on the Force.com Platform
- Expert level Visualforce, Apex, and SOQL knowledge
- Experience in building Web Service enabled applications (SOAP and RESTful)
- Excellent knowledge of Salesforce APIs and hands-on experience integration with ERP applications, and 3rd party cloud platforms such as Google apps
- Proven understanding of data mastering principles, with a confidence to challenge clients on appropriate system data ownership
- Proven experience of building integration force.com/sales cloud/service cloud solutions using all available Saleforce cloud technology
- Expertise in data modelling, data migration and both API and user interface development principles
- Knowledge on Source Control
- High level of understanding of appropriate use of code versions config in the Salesforce environment
- Must be willing to travel and spend long periods of time on client site
- Strong problem solving skills, should be able to research and understand an undocumented set up and application
- Demonstrated experience of unit, integration and end to end system testing and performance tuning of application & documenting the same
- Must be willing to work in a team environment effectively
- Excellent communication and inter personnel skills
- Strong mentorship skills and experience
- Good understanding of Internet technologies: firewalls, web servers, web proxy servers, etc.
- Web application development experience and knowledge of browser compatibility issues
- Experience of migration from other CRM applications such as Siebel, SAP, Microsoft Dynamics CRM applications
- Experience of migration or implementation of Marketing applications such as Eloqua, Marketo, dotMailer, Pardot or ExactTarget
- Expertise in automated testing for design features utilizing Java, Apex, and salesforce APIs
- Experience developing Mobile applications natively for iOS/Android or hybrid applications using HTML5
- Experience developing and deploying live applications running on Heroku or AWS