makepositive is a multi-award-winning Platinum Salesforce Consulting Partner with more than 1200 successful project deliveries to date. With more than 150 Salesforce experts in our team, we have a wealth of experience across the entire Salesforce platform.
The Services team at makepositive is responsible for all aspects of solution delivery including business strategy, change management, project / iteration planning, documentation of business and technical requirements, development, testing, deployment, training and support.
We are currently looking for a skilled Solution Architect with significant experience in this space to join our team. As part of the role you will lead discovery workshops, write up the resulting requirements, create the solution design and architecture, and liaise with clients and the internal teams about the ongoing solution. You’ll be a key point of contact for our clients, advising on best practice, technical dependencies, and the scope of the project. You’ll work closely with colleagues across the business, in teams of junior and senior colleagues, both on and offshore. You’ll be a critical liaison between technical teams, functional teams, and clients to drive the implementation. The role is within the functional branch of the wider Services team, reporting into a Practice Lead.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Trusted advisor to clients, helping shape the vision of how Salesforce related technologies can contribute to a wider IT strategy.
- Designs and leads the Discovery phase of engagements with our largest customers. gathering workshops with our customers.
- Drives cost/value-based design decisions (buy/config/code) through estimating, proof of concepts and design playback.
- Is the key facilitator between Delivery Teams, Product Owners and Business Sponsors to ensure we are delivering the right solutions, in the right way
- Creates and maintains best practice design artefacts such as Business Process Flows, Entity Relationship Diagrams and As-Is and To-Be Architectures
- Takes responsibility in ensuring solutions presented are scalable and future proofed in addition to meeting functional requirements and following them through to completion.
- Provides a credibility and experience whilst supporting Presales in order to win our largest and most important projects.
Role Specific Skills
- Architected multiple complex delivery project across the full lifecycle (2+ years)
- Excellent influencing skills at all levels required order to obtain buy in and consensus on design decisions and principles.
- Worked on multiple complex full lifecycle delivery projects in a variety of roles including as lead consultant (6+ projects)
- Experience with system configuration using workflows, approval processes, custom objects, validation rules, formulas, process builder, flows and dataloader
- Experience defining systems strategy, defining and refining business processes, developing systems requirements, designing and prototyping, testing, training, and implementing practical business solutions under multiple deadlines
- An expert level understanding of JIRA and Confluence to structure project documentation and user stories and ensure traceability between documentation and development.
- Excellent presenter, able to articulate the vision of a programme of work and respond to both technical and functional questions.
- An Agile advocate, promoting the benefits of the methodology whilst ensuring it is applied with discipline.
- Excellent understanding of the wider eco-system of AppExchange products, Salesforce Clouds and ISV offerings when presenting solution options.
- Core Salesforce Certified (Admin, Platform Developer / Sales Cloud / Service Cloud)
- Experience with multiple core clouds (Marketing, Service, Sales, Community)
- Experience leading client facing and solution design initiatives
- Architect Path Certified (Data Architecture, Sharing and Visibility etc)
- Salesforce Development experience (Apex, Lightning, Visualforce)
- Understanding of Continuous Integration toolkits (ANT, Jenkins, Git, bitbucket)
- Experience with Field Service Lightning or CPQ
- Experience with ETL/ESB tools (Dell Boomi, Jitterbit, Mulesoft)
- Experience with other Enterprise Applications (Siebel, SAP, MS Dynamics etc)
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Strong analytical and skills; proficiency working in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is required
- Good interpersonal and team building skills; ability to work with diverse on and offshore teams and influence/drive change across functional and business boundaries in a matrix management environment
- Project management, planning, and organization skills, including ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Continuous improvement attitude; ability to seek out and implement internal or external best practices
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision within the context of a global team
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- A good graduate degree (First or Upper Second) or equivalent
- Willing to travel and spend periods of time on client site
- Able to ride the waves of a dynamic, changing environment
- Work in a manner that champions the organisational values of Trust, Generosity, Transparency, Professionalism, and Happiness
We value every human being's unique perspective. Come be yourself with us at makepositive!
''We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.''