We are currently looking for an experienced Salesforce CPQ Team Lead with 5+ CPQ specific projects in this space. As part of the role you will perform hands-on solution design and architecture, architecture roadmaps, as well as build. You’ll also take a lead role to mentor and capacity build junior members of the team. You’ll be a critical liaison between technical teams, functional teams, and clients to drive the CPQ implementation. The role is within a small team, reporting into the Practice Development Manager based in London.
makepositive is a multi-award-winning Platinum Salesforce consulting partner with more than 1000 successful project deliveries to date. With more than 150 Salesforce experts in our team, we have a wealth of experience across the entire Salesforce platform.
The Services Community at makepositive is responsible for all aspects of solution delivery including business strategy, change management, project / iteration planning, documentation of business and technical requirements, development, testing, deployment, training and support.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Take the lead on a range of CPQ projects, solving some of the most exciting problems for our clients.
- Build lasting relationships with executive clients and sponsors.
- Lead on the design, the implementation of technology, and creative business solutions for iconic and innovative brands
- Gather business requirements from stakeholders and synthesize to functional and technical solutions- including functional design, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), prototyping, testing, and training
- Collaborate with amazing digital experts across disciplines to innovate and create great solutions.
- Design and, when needed, create the underlying data structure and data flows to support the application build including: custom objects/fields; workflow; approval processes; apex triggers; visualforce pages; other Force.com features
- Design easy-to-use web & mobile interfaces on the Force.com platform using Lightning, Visualforce, Apex and other available tools and frameworks
- Maintain certifications and keep up to date with Salesforce.com releases and new features to leverage the latest technology, while understanding their current strengths and weaknesses to best advise our clients
- Provide Pre-Sales support where needed to support us in winning exciting work.
- This may include: project discovery, capturing requirements, identifying risks, documenting assumptions, delivering architecture designs, estimating effort and authoring a scope of work for proposals
- Provide Technical Governance when requested to review project estimates, project scope, planning and participate in Project Technical Governance to ensure adherence to our Technical Ways of Working (with an eye for continuous improvement to drive the ongoing development of the practice)
Role Specific Skills:
- 3-5 years of experience implementing CPQ technologies - Steelbrick/Salesforce or other e.g. Big Machines, Apttus, Cameleon
- Salesforce CPQ certified or, as a minimum, completed the CPQ Admin essentials for Experienced Admins
- Experience in functional or technical consulting roles on at least three full-lifecycle Salesforce implementations, with strong expertise in at least two of the following areas (in addition to CPQ): Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Community Cloud, Force.com.
- Experience with system configuration using workflows, approval processes, custom objects, validation rules, formulas, process builder, flows and dataloader
- Experience defining systems strategy, developing systems requirements, designing and prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures, and implementing practical business solutions under multiple deadlines.
- Relational databases and data modelling
- Data migration between SFDC Sandboxes and Production Orgs using Change Sets, Eclipse or Ant
- Experience with version-controlled environments/interfaces (e.g. Github, Sourcetree)
- Experience integrating Force.com development with modern deployment and release processes (e.g. Agile; Continuous Integration, Jenkins) (desired)
- Development experience in Apex, VisualForce, Force.com or Java/J2EE (desired)
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Experience delivering projects using agile Scrum based methodology
- Experience designing and implementing technology-enabled business solutions in client-facing and team leadership roles (e.g. technical lead, functional lead, workstream lead, project manager)
- Experience contributing to RFP responses and other sales activities
- Strong analytical and skills; proficiency working in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is required
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills; ability to work with diverse on and offshore teams and influence/drive change across functional and business boundaries in a matrix management environment
- Project management, planning, and organization skills, including ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Continuous improvement attitude; ability to seek out and implement internal or external best practices.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision within the context of a global team
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- A good graduate degree (First or Upper Second) or equivalent
- Willing to travel and spend periods of time on client site
- Be able to rides the waves of a dynamic, changing environment
- Work in a manner that champions the organisational values of Trust, Generosity, Transparency, Professionalism, and Happiness