The role of a Technical Architect is to work alongside your peers as a technical resource to assure the technical delivery of any project you may work on. The Technical Architect is responsible for technical plans, technical user story estimation, high level and detailed designs, assisting with development and test classes using a best practice agile methodology.
A Technical Architect can expect to work on several projects at once and needs to be comfortable managing their own workload and setting their availability for non-commercial activities.
Our Architects are thought leaders and skills champions in makepositive who also undertake R&D, prototyping and are expected to actively participate in the Salesforce.com community.
In addition, the Technical Architect supports the CTA and liaises closely with other managers both internal and external.
- Understanding business requirements and translating these into technical solutions based on the chosen platform. For example, Salesforce.com, ExactTarget, Heroku or AWS
- Designing and, when needed, creating the underlying data structure and data flows to support the application build including: custom objects/fields; workflow; approval processes; apex triggers; visualforce pages; other Force.com features
- Designing and building web & mobile interfaces on the Force.com platform using Lightning, Visualforce, Apex and other available tools and frameworks
- Providing appropriate development specifications and supporting our Technical Consultants and fellow Architects in delivering solutions
- Understand our core service and solution propositions and be able to identify the most appropriate proposition(s) to suit a customer’s requirements
- Take ownership for one or more vertical markets to research, scope, implement and deliver demonstrations using our standard demo org
- Identify potential new accelerators and revisions to our existing products and accelerators to contribute to our technical asset library
- Provide Pre-Sales support for one or more vertical markets to undertake project discovery, capture requirements, identify risks, document assumptions, deliver architecture designs, estimate effort and author a scope of work for proposals
- Review Sales Proposals for your pre-sales engagements to validate the accuracy, scope and effort
- Provide Technical Governance when requested to review project estimates, project scope, planning and participate in Project Technical Governance to enforce our Technical Ways of Working
To be successful in this role you will have :
- Experience in Agile Delivery Methodology in addition to standard software development lifecycle
- Strong presentation and documentation skills, ability to produce customer facing deliverables
- Experience working with the following types of enterprise applications: CRM, CMS, ERP, CPQ, Portals, SSO, e-Commerce, ESB/SOA
- Expert level Visualforce, Apex, and SOQL knowledge
- Experience in building Web Service enabled applications (SOAP and RESTful)
- Excellent knowledge of Salesforce APIs and hands-on experience integration with ERP applications, and 3rdparty cloud platforms such as Google apps
- Expertise in data modelling, data migration and both API and user interface development principles
- Good knowledge on Source Control
- Experience reviewing and documenting code
- Willingness to travel
- Strong problem solving skills, should be able to research and understand an undocumented set up and application
- Demonstrated experience of unit, integration and end to end system testing and performance tuning of application & documenting the same
- Excellent communication and inter personnel skills
- Strong mentorship skills and experience
makepositive is a multi-award-winning Platinum Salesforce consulting partner with more than 1000 successful project deliveries to date. With more than 150 Salesforce experts in our team, we have a wealth of experience across the entire Salesforce platform.