BUSINESS COMMUNITY ENVIRONMENT:
The +Services Community deals with everything that concerns project delivery in the company.
The primary purpose of the +Services Community is the consulting practice of Makepositive and is primarily responsible for delivery of “best of breed” solutions to our clients. The +Services Community is responsible for ALL aspects of solution delivery including: business strategy, change management, project / iteration planning, documentation of business and technical requirements, development, testing, deployment, training and support. We promote and actively develop our teams’ abilities to deliver across all aspects of a project. Our administrators get our client salesforce.com orgs humming, our implementation team create and deliver the right solutions, and our developers build the new applications that make our client businesses grow.
The role of a Technical Consultant is to work alongside your peers as a technical resource to ensure the technical delivery of any project you may work on. The Technical Consultant is responsible for technical plans, designs, development and test classes using a best practice agile methodology.
In addition, the Technical Consultant supports the Managing Technical Architect and liaises closely with other managers both internal and external.
- Understanding business requirements and translating these into technical solutions based on the. chosen platform. For example, Salesforce or Heruko;
- Designing and creating the underlying data structure and data flows to support the application build including: custom objects/fields; workflow; approval processes; apex triggers; visualforce pages; other Force.com features;
- Designing and building web & mobile interfaces on the Force.com platform using Visualforce, Apex and other available tools;
- Provide on-going support of existing SFDC Developments;
- Liaising directly with internal and external business users and providing 2nd/3rd line support on the salesforce.com built applications through the life-cycle of the project;
- This role requires a level of technical experience and interpersonal skills to be able to work effectively with commercial staff, technical strategy and architecture staff, and third party developers as well as Makepositive peers;
- Keeping up to date with the latest plans, developments and changes in the salesforce.com platform. This includes, but is not limited to ensuring you remain certified;
- Always comply with Makepositive’s standard Ways of Working for a technical resource;
- At all times work in a manner that champions the organisational values and identify opportunities to add value to solution delivery whenever possible;
- Actively participate in the annual review process by:
- Collaborating with your line manager in setting personal objectives that strive to achieve organisational goals, progress career aspirations and address development points
- Collecting evidence throughout the year to support achievement of both your organisational role and personal objectives
- Objectively appraising your own performance at the end of the review year through a process of self-evaluation
- Lead by example by adhering to company financial policies regarding time and expense submission and (but not limited to), punctuality, dress code, time and expense submissions, and notification of whereabouts, annual leave and absence;
- Have fun;
- Degree educated in a relevant technical discipline
- Experience in Agile Delivery Methodology IN ADDITION to standard software development lifecycle;
- Hands on expertise to develop applications on Force.com Platform;
- Strong Visualforce and Apex code knowledge;
- Experience in building Web Service enabled applications(SOAP and RESTful);
- Excellent knowledge of Salesforce APIs and hands-on experience integration with ERP applications, Google apps, building Reporting dashboards;
- Experience with Eclipse and SFDC data migration tools and ETL applications;
- Previous experience with or certification in a modern, object-oriented programming language such as Java or C#;
- Expertise in data modelling and user interface development principles;
- Knowledge on Source Control is must;
- Experience reviewing and documenting code;
- Must be willing to travel and spend long periods of time on client site;
- Strong problem solving skills, should be able to research and understand an undocumented set up and application;
- Demonstrated experience of unit, integration and end to end system testing and performance tuning of application & documenting the same.
- Must be willing to work in a team environment-Effectively;
- Excellent communication and inter personnel skills;
- Strong Mentorship Skills and experience;
- Experience of migration from other data sources such as Siebel, SAP, Microsoft Dynamics CRM applications;
- Expertise in automated testing for design features utilizing Java, Apex, and salesforce api;
- Good understanding of Internet technologies: firewalls, web servers, web proxy servers, etc;
- Web application development experience and knowledge of browser compatibility issues;