We are currently looking for a Salesforce Technical Consultant to join our growing Services delivery team. The role of a Salesforce Technical Consultant is to work alongside your peers as a technical resource to ensure the technical delivery of any project you may work on. The Salesforce Technical Consultant is responsible for technical plans, designs, development and test classes using a best practice agile methodology.
makepositive is a multi-award-winning Platinum Salesforce consulting partner with more than 1000 successful project deliveries to date. With more than 150 Salesforce experts in our team, we have a wealth of experience across the entire Salesforce platform.
The Services Community at makepositive is responsible for all aspects of solution delivery including business strategy, change management, project / iteration planning, documentation of business and technical requirements, development, testing, deployment, training and support.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Understand business requirements and translate these into technical solutions based on the chosen platform. For example, Salesforce or Heroku
- Designing and creating the underlying data structure and data flows to support the application build including: custom objects/fields; workflow; approval processes; apex triggers; Visualforce pages; Lightning Components; other Force.com features
- Designing and building web & mobile interfaces on the Force.com platform using Visualforce, Apex, Lightning and other available tools
Essential Role Specific Skills:
- Strong Visualforce and Apex code knowledge
- Experience in building Web Service enabled applications (SOAP and REST)
- Proven experience building custom Lightning Components
- Knowledge of Source Control, Continuous Integration and Delivery Tools and processes
Desired Role Specific Skills:
- Experience of migration from other data sources such as Siebel, SAP, Microsoft Dynamics CRM applications
- Expertise in automated testing for design features utilizing Java, Apex, and salesforce API
- Web application development experience and knowledge of browser compatibility issues
- Experience reviewing and documenting code
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to develop processes and methodologies
- Team player with strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision within the context of a global team
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- A good graduate degree (First or Upper Second) or equivalent
- Continuous improvement attitude; ability to seek out and implement internal or external best practices
- Keeping up to date with the latest plans, developments and changes in the salesforce.com platform. This includes, but is not limited to ensuring you remain certified
- Willing to travel and spend periods of time on client site
- Be able to rides the waves of a dynamic, changing environment
- Work in a manner that champions the organisational values of Trust, Generosity, Transparency, Professionalism, and Happiness.